Saturday, April 20, 2013

Outlook


     As I have said before, I have been thinking a lot over the last month or so. My first reaction was to think about how terrible this whole thing is. I got very down. I felt even more sick, and to be honest, I wasn't sure how much I wanted to live. In fact, I was pretty sure that I didn't want to at all.

     God and my Family and Friends snapped me out of that for the most part. And I decided pretty early on that I was NOT going to just lay around in bed all day. No matter how I felt physically or emotionally, I was going to leave the house. I opened all the curtains and the windows when the outside temperature allowed. I am not going to live in a cave.

     Then I came to realize just how much viewpoint and attitude have to do with how you feel. I could lay around feeling sorry for myself...feeling miserable and depressed. I COULD do that, but what is the point of that? True the medication makes me feel like crap, but there are a lot of blessings too. I have help getting the meds. I have great family and friends. The whole world still is out there for me.


     So here is my overall point. I can rejoice in all that is good in my life. Accept what has been given both good and bad and integrate them and have a meaningful life, or I can wallow in the darkness feeling sick from the disease and the meds that treat it. But if I did that, what is the point of taking the pills?
    

2 comments:

  1. I am so incredibly proud of your decision. It would be so easy to give up and you haven't. I love that you have decided that life is worth fighting for. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel blessed to have met you and enjoyed our time working together! I am so glad we have become friends and proud of your outlook with what you have been faced with. You and your family are in my prayers! - Delia

    ReplyDelete